Ok so I am guessing that you have heard the jokes by now that our only vacation options are taking a trip to Puerto Backyarda or Los Livingroom! Soooo, it got me daydreaming of my favorite things about a vacation and transforming them into the staycation variety. Here is my list of essentials we can do at home:
- Set up a fun, relaxing area in your house or backyard! One with a great view (if you can), a cozy chair, your favorite lounger or any area that will bring on a zen vibe where you can just CHILL OUT! Simply recreating a new space can really change things up!
- Get a tan! – ok so we are still a few weeks away from the real deal sunshine of summer, so its on to the next best thing. Self tanners! And I know, they can be scary but here are my three quick tips to make it easy peezy and fool proof!
- Exfoliate – did you know that shaving your legs before self tanner is really just a version of clearing the palette for colour AND exfoliating at the same time?! If shaving your legs isn’t your jam, just grab your favorite loofa, body scrub OR make your own out of sugar and olive oil. My favorite is the Relaxus Grapefruit & Shea Butter Salt Scrub with Himalayan Sea Salt! (wish I could add in a scratch and sniff here for you!)
- Hydrate – after exfoliation and before the application we MUST Hydrate. This adds a dewy feel to the skin and make the mousse application that much smoother. Try some yummy flavors like the Aveda Rosemary Mint Body Lotion or the Aveda Shampure Body Lotion. Both are paraben free and made in responsible packaging. A Total bonus!
- Apply – grab yourself a mitt and the St.Tropez Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse. This super velvety mousse delivers an ultra even all over tan. Just like on vacay!
- TIP – my favorite of all options is to just mix the hydration and mousse at the same time. Pump a few pumps of your moisturizer into your palm and cocktail in a pump of two of the St Tropez mousse. Mix together and apply. The moisturizer will provide extra slip to your application, making it easy to cover all the areas, even those pesky ankles, knees and elbows.
- Accessorize and Style – seeing as how we aren’t headed poolside, we can still change up our accessories daily! A Headband or Hair Clips along with a new gloss can really change your mood! Choose from a few of my faves like Twist Knot Headband in Leopard and Skinny Hair Clips
- HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE – Being indoors just bring on dehydration! To combat this, I love to use Dermalogica’s Antioxidant Hydramist and the Intensive Moisture Balance. Both have firming agents for your skin and the Antioxidants provide protection from free radicals.
Treat YO Self –
- Homelabs and Hydrasource! My two-favorite go to hair treatments. If we can’t do colour and bleach right now, then the health of my hair is priority #1!. Customize your own Kerastase Home Lab, for an instant transformation OR choose the Biolage HydraSource Deep Treatment. This one leaves your hair feeling 2x more nourished and is VEGAN!
Drinks and Nosh –
- There are so many fantastic local restaurants providing take out options right now. The perfect way to the dine out without going out. Pick up your items yourself if you can, just so you can eliminate the delivery fee 😉.
Until we can travel again……..I will be lounging here in Puerto Backyarda with a Jalapeno Margarita! Cheers!