image courtesy: Kerastase
Scalp diagnosis can be SO difficult, but this is the most important step in creating your dream hair. Misdiagnosing can cause some of these hair conditions that you want to prevent, so thats why we've created this guide to better help you self diagnose your hair and scalp. If your not comfortable self diagnosing your hair and scalp, we have a virtual consultation that we offer online to help answer any questions! Click below to book!
We hope this helps to navigate you through your shopping experience here at Zennkai!
So you ask...
What is the difference between dry vs oily hair?
- Dry hair tends to get flakey and itchy and has a 'tight' feeling on the scalp
- Oily hair usually sticks together, and leaves a 'greasy' residue around the root area
What is the difference between dry scalp vs dandruff?
- Dandruff is more of a larger white or yellow waxy flake leaving your scalp itchy. Can be accompanied with a thick build up, odor, and appearing red and scaley
- Dry scalp is typically a smaller flake that is accompanied by other dry patches on the body leaving scalp and body itchy
What is the difference between dandruff and psoriasis?
- Dandruff may come and go and is treatable. Dandruff flakes fall and land on your shoulder/shirt.
- Psoriasis is a chronic condition, rooted in your immune system, considered an auto-immune disease. Psoriasis can appear in different forms. Sometimes the skin can look cracked and dry. Other times it may be reddened and dotted with small silvery patches.
Enriched with cooling and refreshing menthol, this invigorating shampoo gently cleanses oily hair while stimulating and refreshing the scalp. Great for use after the gym. pH 4.5-5.5.
HOW TO USE
Massage into wet hair. Rinse and repeat as desired. Peppermint Wash is also an excellent body wash.
WHAT'S IN IT
- Menthol (peppermint) – increases circulation and stimulates the scalp and the senses.
- Protein and amino acids – provide strength and moisture to hair.
- Herbal extracts – soothe the scalp and add shine to the hair.
- Coconut-derived surfactants – gentle for all hair types and colour safe.
- Salt-free – most shampoos use salt as a thickener, which dries out your hair. AG shampoos have no salt, leaving your hair healthy, shiny and hydrated.
This energising scrub replaces a traditional shampoo and deeply cleanses the scalp and hair. Its purifying texture is specifically designed for oily prone scalp and hair, to combat oiliness and dandruff.The detoxifying power of the sea salt profoundly exfoliates the scalp, effectively removing impurities, particles and product build-up, allowing for stronger, healthier and more beautiful hair. The Vitamin B6 and Salicylic acid protect the scalp with their anti-inflammatory benefits. A little of this powerful scrub massaged in circular motions in a warm shower, will promote skin renewal and unclog pores for optimal scalp health. As you add water to your hair, the energising scrub lathers and create an intense whipped cream cloud. Let the massage awaken your senses. Easy to wash away, this scrub leaves the scalp free to breathe, roots highly lifted, hair fully volumised, 72% more volume after application, shinier and with a lightweight feel.
- Removes deeply sebum, pollution particules, product build-up and impurities (3 x more pollution particles than with a traditional shampoo)
- Improves efficacy of treatments applied next
- Stimulates the skin through massage
- Immediatly lifts the roots and provides long lasting lightweight volume (+72% after application)
- Instant scalp & hair detox
HOW TO USE:
On wet hair only, start gently applying a walnut-size amount on the scalp (on the top, on the temples, on the crown and on the nape). Gently massage the scalp, add water to the scalp from time to time to help the product to create a thick lather. Rinse thoroughly. Always follow with a treatment on lengths and ends. Ideal to use Scrub Energisant once a week.
- Calophyllum Oil: calms irritation with anti- inflammatory actions
- Piroctone: anti bacterial active ingredient that soothes itching
- Glycerin: moisturizes the scalp to relax it from external aggressions
- Menthol: refreshes the scalp
HOW TO USE:
Step 1. Apply a dime portion of this shampoo for sensitive scalp onto wet hair.
Step 2. Massage through hair with finger tips to activate micro-circulation.
Step 3. Rinse hair thoroughly of Bain Vital Dermo Calm Shampoo for Itchy Scalp.
**Due to psoriasis being an auto-immune disease we recommend you cosult your DR for the best product for your particular psoriasis**
We L O V E to hear from you! If you have more specific hair and scalp conerns please leave a comment below and we will connect with you as soon as possible!