We know that sometimes shopping for hair tools can feel like a vicious cycle of not knowing which one to purchase. With your hairstylist recommendations and your best friend raving about her holy grail tool, it can get confusing as to which one is the most suitable for you. So before we get into our must have styling tools, lets just go through a quick break down of some commonly used words associated with both curling irons and flat irons. This way, we can have a better understanding between the different kinds!
Ceramic: With ceramic, the optimal temperature is reached quickly and produces an even amount of heat throughout the plates. It is definitely gentler on the hair as opposed to traditional metal plated styling tools.
Tourmaline: Having a hot tool with tourmaline in it will help the hot tool heat up rather quickly. Tourmaline is made of a crystal that gets grounded into dust and then applied to the plates of a straightening iron. It also emits negative ions which results in smooth, shiny hair.
Titanium: Titanium is usually found in more high-end styling tools. It heats up way faster than ceramic plates and will hold a high heat at a steady temperature. It is also very lightweight!
Gold: Many hot tools are gold plated (typically 24k), which simply means that they get hot quick and stay hot. It maintains a constant and even heat while you style!
So, if you’re looking for something durable and high quality… make sure you’re looking at what it is made with and that you’re always looking for hot tools with one of the words mentioned above! Okay, let’s jump right into our favorites!
This flat iron is perfect for travel anywhere in the world! Designed by the stylists themselves, this super lightweight flat iron ensures that your hair is kept in its best condition when straightening or curling your hair. With infrared heat technology, it is designed to protect your hair from damage and provide ultimate softness and shine. The Aria Infrared is perfect for all hair types!
- Professional hair Straightener / Flat Iron
- Solid 1" ceramic plates infused with tourmaline crystals
- Floating plates let you straighten, flip and curl hair
- 195-450℉ adjustable digital temperature display
- Reaches 230℉ in 20 seconds
- Infrared technology moisturizes and protects hair
- Negative ions balance hair, reducing static & frizz
- Dual voltage (110-120V and 220-240V)
- Professional MCH heating element
- 9 ft swivel cord
- Automatic safety shut off
(Ethical Price - $109.95)
- New design straightens hair and gets closer to the roots
- Maintains bounce and volume after styling
- Rectangular brush shape maximizes coverage and provides better grip
- Professional adjustable heat up to 450°F
- Ceramic Ionic bristles leave hair feeling healthy, silky, smooth and shiny
- Safe for all hair types
- 8 foot long 360° swivel cord
- 1 hour auto shut-off
(Ethical Price - $79.95)
- Rheostat control dial with variable heat settings up to 430°F
- Pulse Technology – Gets Hot..Stays Hot
- Fast heat-up Soft Touch handle provides comfortable grip
- 24k Gold barrel surface
- Separate On / Off switch
- Foldaway safety stand
- "On" indicator light
- 8 ft. Professional swivel cord
(Ethical Price - $240.00)
- 3 heat settings
- 2 speed settings
- Cool shot button
- Lightweight, ergonomic design
- 9-foot professional cord with self-gripping closure and storage hook
- Includes diffuser, comb and concentrator
WHICH ONE ARE YOU ADDING TO YOUR LIST!?
LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW